Re: OpenDKIM now available in Fedora & EPEL testing repos

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:17:53 -0700

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Daniel Black
> <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net> wrote:
>> Question - where do you set AUTOCREATE_DKIM_KEYS=NO or DKIM_SELECTOR for the init script?
>
> Very good point, I never noticed that.  Steve, it's typical for a
> package with an init script that requires some user customization of
> startup parameters to:
> 1. Create a %{sysconfdir}/sysconfig/%{name} file which will contain simply:
> # Uncomment the following line to disable automatic DKIM key creation
> # AUTOCREATE_DKIM_KEYS=NO
> #
> # Set the default selector
> # DKIM_SELECTOR=default

I've been out of town for a week, but I'm back on this and trying to
get at least one update released for this package that addresses all
of the suggestions before Murray can get 2.5 out. :)

OK - I've created the /etc/sysconfig/opendkim file in the spec (I just
committed it to my github)

> 2. And then in the init script, after you set any default options,
> this will allow the sysadmin to override any of them (s)he needs:
> [ -f %{sysconfdir}/sysconfig/%{name} ] && \
>  . %{sysconfdir}/sysconfig/%{name}

I'm assuming this goes at the top of the start() section?

> 3. We set the DKIM_SELECTOR in the init script, but not the other one.

The DKIM_SELECTOR is currently hard-coded to "default" in the
initscript. How should I override it so it pulls the value from the
sysconfig file that was created on package install?

Also, for anyone who wants to fork and make pull requests, please feel
free to use the "develop" branch on github:

https://github.com/stevejenkins/OpenDKIM-Fedora/tree/develop

Thx,

Steve