Re: Is http://opendkim.org/opendkim-README in source tarball?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> Hmmm... that's different than the README that gets installed in the docs
> dir in the default spec file, which seems to come from ./README instead
> of ./opendkim/README. It seems to me that the info in the latter would
> be more helpful to a user who just installed the package.
>
> Any objections to me changing the spec file so it places the
> opendkim/README one in /usr/share/docs/opendkim-%{version}/ instead?

Really (and perhaps unfortunately) you probably want a mix of the two.

The top level README is supposed to talk about the package overall, i.e.
what each library does, what possible global dependencies there are, how
to get support. On the other hand, opendkim/README should solely be about
the filter itself; in fact, every subdirectory should have a README that
gives details about what's going on there and and directories below it.

It looks like a couple of the sections in the top-level README should be
moved down into opendkim/README. I'll try to get to that this week, but I
expect to be somewhat swamped so I'll happily take a patch if someone else
takes the initiative. To keep me honest, feel free to open a
documentation bug if you are so moved.

-MNSK