Planning for v2.5.0

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

I'm starting to plan the work that will go into v2.5.0. The target
release date is October 3rd, with roughly a one-month beta leading up to
that.

Here's what I have in the queue:

Bug SF2917856 Rename ar.h
Bug SF3317153 Improve canonicalization performance
RFE SF3317160 Update for RFC4871bis
RFE SF3383187 Update for draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-06
RFE SF3385768 Add ability to validate private key string without dkim_sign()
RFE SF3385816 Drop libdk support

It's a pretty small release overall, but an important one. The
performance improvement will probably be the largest amount of work.

If anyone has the interest and bandwidth to take on any of the tasks above
or, even better, any open bug or RFE that's not listed there, please let
me know. There are 13 RFEs and two bugs open that are not included above.

I will probably release v2.4.2 late this week or early next just to get
the (small) change set since v2.4.1 out into the wild. It includes RFE
SF3383187, so that would be removed from the v2.5.0 list.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

-MSK