Re: FW: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> Very cool! I don't use mailman, but I have a fair amount of experience
> with Postfix & Amavis with OpenDKIM. I'd be curious to hear what the
> difficulties were.

The end setup is:

- accept mail via postfix on port 25
- reroute the mail to amavisd, which is apparently its own MTA, on another port
- amavisd reinjects the message back to postfix on another port
- postfix passes it to mailman (dunno how)
- mailman reinjects the message back to postfix on yet another port
- postfix, on that last port, invokes opendkim
- the mail goes out signed

We had to add that last reinjection port and attach opendkim there. No
other changes were needed except possibly a tweak to mailman.

It's possible this could be simplified.