RE: Timeout before data read with opendkim-2.3.2

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:21:51 -0700

Right, or the as-yet-unresolved apparent libar deadlock had struck.

> I wonder if opendkim could report what it was doing when the MTA
> declared a timeout? Would that help at all?

The only thing opendkim does that could incur a delay is any kind of I/O, such as querying a database or waiting for a DNS reply. If libar does indeed have a real deadlock problem, that would cause this as well.

> Is letting the MTA timeout occur the best way for opendkim to
> cooperate with the MTA, or is there a better way?

opendkim will attempt to tell the filter to keep waiting if it gets control back from the resolver periodically. Note the "if" there...

> I could check on how frequently this timeout occurs; it it's
> infrequent, it's not a problem.

The interesting thing to me is the previous report you gave about the seemingly random distribution of timeouts you see, when the configured timeout is five seconds.