Re: 2.4.0.Beta2 available

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:56:44 -0600

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
> Changes since Beta1:
> o More path fun in contrib/init/redhat

And the fun continues. :) These 5 lines in the init script currently
in contrib/redhat are causing some issues:

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}

DAEMON=${exec_prefix}/sbin/opendkim
PID_FILE=${prefix}/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.pid
CONF_FILE=${prefix}/etc/opendkim.conf

With the script "as is," it creates three problems:

1) The init script tries to run the binary from
/usr/local/sbin/opendkim, but the make process installed it in
/sbin/opendkim.
2) It tries to place the opendkim.pid file in
/usr/local/var/run/opendkim/ (which doesn't exist), when it should be
in /var/run/opendkim/
3) It looks for the conf file in /usr/local/etc/ instead of /etc/

I know Daniel's been working on the spec file stuff for RedHat and I
believe these changes were submitted by him, so perhaps the current
config is designed to work with that. However, changing the prefix and
exec_prefix to:

prefix=
exec_prefix=/usr/local

Made everything work as expected for me.

Daniel - would those changes hose anything you're working on re: the spec file?

Thanks,

SteveJ