RE: 2.4.0 Beta0 problem building on RedHat

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:18:06 -0700

Something's amiss here. If you look at the source and examples in libmemcached's source tarball, it seems to expect that its includes live in a subdirectory called libmemcached. So that's what I did in opendkim/opendkim-db.c:

#include <libmemcached/memcache.h>

The pkg-config info installed from the FreeBSD port seems to concur, since it installs files in /usr/local/include/libmemcached/ but tells me to add "-I/usr/local/include" to the build.

But what you're telling me is the RPM for Ubuntu and CentOS seems to disagree. So I'm not sure how to go about fixing this.