Re: Bug in RedHat contrib init script

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 23:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 May 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> Found a problem in the RedHat init script today when I compared the
> one I have installed with the one in the contrib dir in a fresh
> download of 2.3.2:
>
> % diff /etc/rc.d/init.d/opendkim
> /usr/local/src/opendkim-2.3.2/contrib/init/redhat/opendkim
> 32c32
> < DAEMON=/usr/local/sbin/opendkim
> ---
>> DAEMON=/usr/sbin/opendkim
>
> The init script needs to be updated, because the default install
> location for the daemon is /usr/local/sbin/opendkim.
>
> Did that change happen sometime recently without me noticing? I only
> discovered it today because I installed OpenDKIM on a fresh box, and
> copied the init script from the contrib dir. When it wouldn't start
> up, I knew something must be wonky...

On March 28 the patch that changed this was sent to opendkim-dev asking
for reviewers. Daniel Black replied and said it looked good, so it went
in.

I can revert it for 2.4.0 if there's agreement that that's the right thing
to do. Or perhaps there's a standard way to get the right path from "rpm"
or "apt-get" or something, so it works everywhere?