Re: Arlib ResolverTracing on opendkim-2.3.1 shows identical queries

From: Gary Mills <mills_at_cc.umanitoba.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:05:54 -0500

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 07:53:37AM -0700, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

I missed this one because it was sent from an IP address that was
on the ZEN blocklist: our spam-control system rejected it.

> > From: opendkim-dev-bounce_at_lists.opendkim.org [mailto:opendkim-dev-bounce_at_lists.opendkim.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Schulze
> >
> > maybe the three queries are going to 3 nameservers:
> >
> > # dig umanitoba.ca ns +short
> > zaurak.cc.umanitoba.ca.
> > eceserver.ee.umanitoba.ca.
> > clyde.concordia.ca.

The /etc/resolv.conf file on our test e-mail server contains two
`nameserver' entries (not the ones cited above). These are for client
failover. Normally a client queries only the first one.

> No, there are no parallel redundant queries sent.

What caused the three arlib queries then?