Re: Anyone packaging for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora?

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:30:18 -0700

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com> wrote:
> There's an RPM spec file in contrib/spec if you want to use that as a starting point.  We can apply patches to it or clone it for different systems if that's appropriate.

Thanks, Murray and Andreas. I peeked at the spec file for dkim-milter,
too (which made me chuckle, the guy who maintains that pkg is a former
employee of mine) and it looked like a lot of that could be modified
easily to work for OpenDKIM.

It won't be fast, but I'll start plugging away. :)

I guess my first question would be... what options (if any) should be
compiled in when the RPM is installed? Stats? Anything else? Should a
simple /etc/opendkim.conf file be autocreated? Should a sample set of
keys, SigningTable, trusted-hosts, and KeyFile be generated? Should
the appropriate sendmail and/or postfix config files be modified?

I want to make this RPM applicabe for the most common case - which is
probably a single server, signing for every user on a single domain,
verifying incoming mail (but maybe not really doing anything about it
other than logging for now?).

I don't want how I personally use it to over-influence how the
majority of users will use it.

SteveJ