RE: unbound-1.4.9

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:15:30 -0700

It has two main benefits:

1) It is an asynchronous resolver, useful on systems that don't have one of those installed by default. (libar also provides the same service.)

2) It can do DNSSEC resolution, which OpenDKIM uses to determine whether or not a key or policy record retrieved from DNS was secured using DNSSEC. There are knobs in the configuration for deciding how strict you want to be about using a key or policy that wasn't protected by DNSSEC, or appears to have been forged. (libar can't currently do this.)