Re: v2.3.0.Beta6 available

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:31:46 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
>> Beta6 is now available for download.
>
> Nice job, Murray! Compiled, installed, and sending you stats. :)

Excellent!

>>  Changes since Beta5:
> o A bunch of back-compatibility fixes in miltertest, opendkim and
>>  opendkim/tests for handling environments with older versions of
>>  libmilter installed (e.g., CentOS)
>
> To my knowledge, I wasn't experiencing any issues with prior versions
> on CentOS 5.5. What wasn't working?

They were only visible in some corner cases. If you grab Beta5 and do
"make" followed by "make check", some of the opendkim unit tests probably
fail. This is because the sendmail-devel package is still using a really
old version of libmilter, and OpenDKIM's milter back-compatibility didn't
reach back far enough to accommodate that.

Where this was actually visible was in places like the format of
verification failure reports, ADSP failure reports, and some faulty input
to unit tests. The filter was otherwise not affected, and certainly
nothing was wrong with signing/verifying.

> P.S. Still on target to release v2.3 on my 40th bday? :)

Still aiming for the 21st of this month.

-MSK