Re: Planning ahead once again

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Daniel Black wrote:
> How about "polish" as a theme. Work towards making sure all documentation
> absolutely correct and easily digestable.

I'm all for doing that in every release, really. The best way to do that
though is internal reviews coupled with feedback from users that find
holes in what we do provide.

But more so than source code, documentation improves only when there's
lots of participation. What one person understands in documentation he or
she writes isn't guaranteed to be universally clear.

So if we want this as a theme, it would be great if people could point out
areas where our documentation is wrong or lacking, and offer up some
improvement text.

Anyone up to contribute?

> Work towards git migration so that a hydra automated test can be setup
> (and automatic package generation).

In progress, but I need some help here since I don't know much about git,
and the CVS->git migration documentation invariably leaves me with
questions.

> And adding test case coverage to reduce the risk of regressions.

This is basically ongoing, throughout all releases. A concentrated effort
would be good.

But I think both of these can't be the sole themes of a release. We also
need to spend some energy keeping current with trends and evolutions.