Submission of stats changing soon

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:53:00 -0700

There are two upcoming changes to the way you submit statistics to the database here at "HQ".

First, shortly after the release of 2.2.0 (still planned for this weekend), the old DB-based method will stop working and that flat database with the old schema will be frozen and eventually dropped. Thus, you should either upgrade as soon as possible after release or simply stop submitting statistics; old-format statistics will either get dropped or generate a bounce (I haven't tried yet so I'm not sure which).

Second, sometime after the conversion to the 2.2.0 submission mechanism is complete, we will begin requiring GPG signing of submissions to the database. And, thanks to John Wood for contributing the scripts to do so, you will already have the tools you need to create and submit a public key we can import here to recognize your submissions. Documentation to generate a key and submit it prior to sending statistics can be found in contrib/README.opendkim-reportstats, and the script can be found in the same directory.

If anyone wishes to try it out early, please contact me for the submission address that uses this mechanism already. We won't switch until at least a few sites have tried the new method.

Let me know if there are any questions.

-MSK