Scoring messages

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'm toying with the idea of including in the stats reporting some optional
spam scoring information about messages. This could permit some primitive
domain and/or IP reputation.

The first idea I have is to store the spam score produced by Spamassassin.
We can probably safely assume that the majority of reporters would score
the same message the same way. With that recorded, we can do some
interesting DKIM domain and/or IP reputation.

For this to work we'd have to have people configure spamassassin to run
ahead of opendkim, but configured such that all it does is add the typical
X-Spam-Score header field, from which we would extract the score. (It
must be configured not to alter the messages, or otherwise valid
signatures will fail to verify.) Then that would be reported as part of
stats, which could then be imported into either the local or global
database so that correlation and more general scoring can be accomplished.

Would any of the current stats reporters be interested in participating in
that experiment as well?