Re: br-msk-stats-update

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:41:29 -0700

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com> wrote:
> I've enabled git on the project but I haven't converted the CVS repository over yet.  I'm planning to do this at the latest when v2.2.0 releases, but probably sooner, as a trial.  It won't be before the end of this month though.
>
> For now you'll need to use anonymous CVS and request that specific branch name to get the code.

Will do.

> Also, please don't throw the switch on this yet.  The current stats collection system only knows about the v2.1.3 submission format, not the pre-release stuff.  But do feel free to download and tinker locally.  You can even set up your own local mysql server and play with the data you import.

Will do that too.

> (Mind you, your feed of the current stats stuff is the largest, and I'd like to keep at least some of it coming!)

Clear as a bell.

Interesting note, if you look at the submissions, you'll notice that
two machines stop sending after a little while. It's hitting that
issue where opendkim daemon decides to stop logging to the db file
because the opendkim-stats process is re-initializing it at the same
time the daemon is trying to write to it. The fix is simple, I just
restart the opendkim daemon. It only seems to be doing it on my two
faster (heavier loaded) machines; it's only happened once on one of
the 3 slow machines, whereas I've restarted the daemon on the other 2
machines a couple times now. Looking back through the logs, I see
that it more often than not sends empty messages to you, sorry about
that. I wrote a quick script that runs one minute after the
submission process to restart the daemon if there are no new entries
in the stats db. That should take care of it.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and