Re: br-msk-stats-update

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:24:34 +0200

Hi,

On 20/Aug/10 19:30, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Let me know if someone's up for reviewing it (or *any* of the other
> branches!).

I've had a look at the source, and I think I'll be able to update
zdkimfilter so as to write a compatible log file. I'll need a script
to reorder the log, which may be eased in case you take the patch
attached. I don't know why you'd want to take it, possibly for
catching some rare errors, e.g. someone running multiple milters that
log on the same stats file. If you don't take it, I can use sed to
remove the jobid from "S" lines, after sorting, in the sending script.
  I leave it to you to decide. Mind that I haven't even tried to
compile that stuff, let alone test it, it is just an idea...

I'm not familiar with how headers are delivered to the milter's
mlfi_header function, so this question may be silly: shouldn't there
be some code in opendkim/stats.c to guard against \t, \n, and perhaps
spaces possibly occurring in hdr_val?

One further question: why does stats.c collapse return codes as in

        fprintf(out, "\t%d", err == DKIM_SIGERROR_VERSION ||
                             err == DKIM_SIGERROR_DOMAIN || ...)

   rather than printing the raw err? (Hm... that may require logging
the library version if you intend to alter codes in dkim.h)