Re: release planning

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Daniel Black wrote:
> INSTALL doco for --with-db* features and SASL

Actually the new --with-db-* stuff isn't documented anywhere, but probably
should be (especially since --with-db is still there and that might be
confusing). The SASL stuff should already be on both branches; what did
you see different?

> --with-domain to define domain in doco and opendkim-genkey

HEAD only; it's new stuff.

> opendkim-genkey.sh -> opendkim-genkey move

Same.

> milter test improvements

Same.

> opendkim/opendkim.8.in CSL doco

That can be merged to br-2-1.

> opendkim/opendkim.c - lots of lua result casting

That can be merged too.

> opendkim/opendkim.conf.5.in - doco around '*' in datasets

Merge away.

> opendkim/opendkim.conf.simple-verify.in / opendkim/opendkim.conf.simple.in
> simple config example files

New stuff; HEAD only.

> opendkim/tests/*lua - i/j macro changes

I thought I had merged that stuff already. It fixes an error so it should
be merged down.

> opendkim/tests/t-lua-speed

Experimental; HEAD only.

> Open questions:
>
> There seems to be a fair amount of duplication between INSTALL and
> opendkim/README. What should be where?

Hmm, good question. I always think of INSTALL as more tutorial while
README is more general. In our case, the stuff at the root should talk
about the whole project while the stuff in opendkim/* should be
specifically about the filter. Feel free to edit out stuff that's
redundant.

I'm planning to post 2.1.3 in less than 12 hours, so you might want to
wait until after that for some of these larger changes like the README
reworking. If you don't get to the merge-able stuff above, I'll do it
prior to posting the release.

Thanks for the keen eye!

-MSK