Re: anti-RFE

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:26:19 -0700

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM, SM <sm_at_resistor.net> wrote:
>> SenderHeaders - what was the purpose here?
>
> I don't recall.

Sometimes just the From header for determining the sender isn't enough
to decide whether to sign an email. An example is a mailing list
server. If it wants to sign an emails that it sends to list members,
it needs to pick a different or additional header, for example the
Sender header, to decide to sign this email. Even though it didn't
make the original email (the person who submitted it to the mailing
list), the ML software has now originated it to all list members and
is taking ownership of it. I use it on our mailing list server, but
if I'm the only person using it and lua can solve this, then I see no
reason to keep it.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and