Re: opendkim-2.1.0.Beta2 Too many open files

From: <ca35763+dkim_at_realsimplemail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:01:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> Well, scratch at least some of that; I was using a really old libdb. Using
> 4.7 appears to work just fine.

I'm using 4.4.20.

> So we're back to: Try some "lsof" output after it's been running a while to
> see if we can spot what sort of descriptor leak it is, which may tell us
> where the bug is.

lsof shows a lot of opens for stats.db (about 130 lines and growing):

opendkim 32596 root 147u REG 9,7 176128 9557 /var/lib/opendkim/
opendkim-stats.db

I attached some debug output from the core file. I was running gdb wrong
the first time. I don't do this much!

Later today I could configure without libunbound. It would be easy to
tell from lsof if the problem goes away. I suspect it would since nobody
else is having trouble.

Thanks for your help.