OpenDKIM v2.0.0 aftermath

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:58:28 -0800

First of all, my personal thanks to all of the development team for their support and contributions to this major release. I'm really pleased with it and there's a lot of excitement out there about its new capabilities. It wouldn't be this solid without all your help.

I'm planning to sit back until at least the end of the month and just deal with feedback, support issues and bug reports. I don't plan to do any new development of features until after then. I'll also do what I can to promote it within the open source community, and you're encouraged to do the same. My current thinking is to do a 2.1.0 release with some number of new features around mid-June.

Right now though I'm going to enter the accumulated feature ideas into the SourceForge tracker. If you see a feature entered that is of interest to you, feel free to assign it to yourself and begin work on it (on a branch, of course!). I may reserve a couple for myself but for the most part I won't touch the list for a while (other than to add to it). I don't expect that everything in there will need to be ready for 2.1.0, so think of it more as a long-term set of goals rather than a specific work list for that release.

I also have some interesting ideas about a new approach to domain reputation that we could develop and promote. If you're interested, I can start up some discussion about it. What would really help there is contacts with people that know how to write plugins for things like Thunderbird or other popular MUAs; if you have such contacts, please let me know.

When we need to start doing 2.0.x releases, I'll make a br-2-0 branch from the 2.0.0 release tag. For now I'll assume the trunk is for 2.1.0, but I don't anticipate anything will appear there for a while.

Thanks again!
-MSK