Re: SigningTable (was: SigingTable)

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:53:01 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, SM wrote:
> In the SigningTable, do we use a colon as a separator between the KEY
> and VALUE?

Depends on what format you're using. For flat files, it's spaces, like
so:

         foo bar

"foo" would be the key, "bar" would be the value. The separation is
pretty obvious for DB, LDAP and SQL types. For regex files, the format
is:

         pattern:value

I suppose we can expect not to have spaces in patterns, so we could change
the colon as separator to a space if people think that makes more sense.

The specifics are spelled out in the opendkim(8) man page where it talks
about "DATA SETS".