Re: Successful LDAP signing test

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:27:41 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Mike Markley wrote:
> And, of course, I forgot to add --with-openldap to my usual configure
> flags. Still getting an error with opendkim-stats:
> opendkim_stats-opendkim-db.o: In function `dkimf_db_walk':
> /home/madhack/src/opendkim/testrel/opendkim-2.0.0-pre/opendkim/opendkim-db.c:2706:
> undefined reference to `ldap_msgfree'
>
> And so forth. Symptoms of missing -lldap. Is this another case where the
> library dependency isn't actually needed? I can't imagine what
> opendkim-stats would be doing with LDAP database lookups.

opendkim-stats references opendkim-db to do its DB work. opendkim-db is
turning into a generic database query mechanism, so that's a very
convenient thing to do. Unfortunately opendkim-stats only works with
Berkeley DB. When you include --with-openldap, autoconf decides to define
USE_LDAP which enables the LDAP stuff in opendkim-db, then opendkim-stats
links against it without using libldap, and you get these errors.

I might need to copy the DB stuff opendkim-stats needs over and break
that dependency. Code duplication is sad but it might be the right
thing to do for this case. I'll try to tidy that up in the morning.