Re: Scalability

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:50:50 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, SM wrote:
> Regular expressions would not be optimal for the database end. Whether
> it is LDAP or SQL, we still have to define the "query". That could be
> user customizable. We define the results we expect. If there are no
> results, then it is a "no".

The question remains: If we drop KeyList in favour of KeyTable, people
will lose some granularity. So is it OK to drop arbitrary
wildcard/pattern capability in favour of a system that will query
user_at_host.domain, host.domain and domain only? If the answer is "yes",
I'm fine with that. I just want to be sure.

> The topic of this message could have been customization instead of
> scalability as we can associate different values for the DKIM signing.
> This "feature" may be useful for verification too. That would be part
> of the policy stuff where we can customize the actions to be performed.

We do have that to some degree in that things like TrustSignaturesFrom now
go through the new DB framework which allows real-time changes (just not
through LDAP yet).