Concern about libtre and feature conflict

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:11:01 -0800 (PST)

Older versions of libtre called their functions regcomp(), regexec(), etc.
in attempt to replace the system-provided ones. As of v0.8.0, libtre
prefixes these with "tre_" to ensure no ambiguity.

I'm a little concerned now that supporting older versions will mean some
files in opendkim use the system-provided one while some files in
libopendkim refer to the tre-provided one, and both link against the same
libraries. The risk is that two different data types will end up getting
passed to the same function, and we'll get crashes.

We may end up having to teach opendkim about libtre in cases where
libopendkim is configured to use it, just for ABI compatibility.