Re: code review - br-msk-reduce-symbols

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 01:02:33 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Daniel Black wrote:
> bad news is the string functions dkim_str* don't link in opendkim (they
> aren't in dkim.h):

The function doesn't work on all platforms; on FreeBSD for example, the
entire set of functions still gets exported. I managed to get it to
provide a limited set of symbols on Solaris, but it didn't catch this case
because strlcpy() and strlcat() are available there.

> to add them or not? Not sure here.

The simplest thing to do is probably to modify libopendkim/symbols.sh to
check dkim-strl.h for symbols as well.

> As per the patch attached, I think the generation could be handled with
> a little less indirection however that's just personal preference.

Works for me.

> libvbr seems to have more in vbr.h than nm -g --defined-only
> ./libvbr/.libs/libvbr.so
> don't know why - didn't look that hard.

The three things in vbr.h missing from the "nm" output were guarded by
"#ifdef USE_ARLIB". The export list hasn't been normalized there yet.