Re: LUA?

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:40:27 -0700

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 07:33:24AM -0700, SM <sm_at_resistor.net> wrote:
> At 22:44 09-10-2009, Daniel Black wrote:
> >I'm slightly concerned that the LuaSQL seems rather stagnant with the last
> >commits about 6 months ago with some google SOC support for firebird going
> >on.
>
> It doesn't have to be LuaSQL. What Murray is talking about is
> something like Sieve where you take several inputs to determine what
> to do with the message.

It's interesting that you mentioned sieve, because my first thought was
that a sieve extension might be more appropriate. I don't know that
there's a lightweight implementation out there that could be leveraged,
but it has one big advantage: mail administrators have a fighting chance
of already being familiar with the syntax.

I've no experience with Lua, unless you count being friends with
a graphics grad student who works for a video chipset maker, so I don't
really have any input to offer it as a language choice. I do know that,
as someone who was an email administrator in a past life and works with
other email administrators (in both design/build and operations roles)
daily, I don't know a single one who has prior experience with Lua.

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>