LUA?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

Realizing that policy decisions may become more complex as time goes on
and DKIM grows, I'm concerned that our current model of fixed lists or
add-on databases may not scale.

I'm investigating LUA as a scripting language that could be built in to
opendkim. I envision the filter making available to the script all the
details about all of the signatures (if any) in a message, kind of like
the libopendkim callback facility we have now, and then provide primitives
like "retrieve MTA macro", "retrieve signature property", "perform policy
query", etc.

First, is this a crazy idea?

Second, anyone on the list have experience using LUA with C?