Re: v1.1.0 release pending

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:52:04 -0700

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:19:37AM -0700, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com> wrote:
> I've verified that adding a rule to check for dn_expand() doesn't break anything if it's in the same library as res_mkquery() (for which there is already a check), so I've committed that to CVS. Hopefully Mike's contacts can confirm that this is the check needed on Debian, and then we're good to go.

Unfortunately, a more elaborate check is required. This appears to be
a general Linux issue: in many arches, libresolv only has the __dn_* and
__res_* symbols, while on i386 it does ship with dn_* and res_* as weak
aliases there.

I got a few suggestions for more elaborate tests, but I actually think
that just adding a test for __res_mkquery (and maybe __dn_expand) will
fix it. Going to have them test.

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>