Re: v1.1.0 release pending

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:23:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, SM wrote:
>> Do you have a libopendkim installed in /usr/local/lib that was compiled
>> with arlib enabled?
>
> Yes. I moved it out of the way and tested again. I got the same compile
> error.

There are no calls to ar_*() functions in any of the test code, so the
issue is that libopendkim is getting compiled with the calls even though
it shouldn't be.

I went through the libopendkim source and found that none of the ar_*()
calls are outside of "#if USE_ARLIB" blocks, so that means your library
must have been built with that flag set somehow.

So either there's still a libopendkim in your library path that was built
with arlib, or somehow that flag is getting set in your builds when it
shouldn't be.

Can you rebuild it and check the "cc" or "gcc" commands to see if that
flag is set at build time somehow? Or check your libopendkim/Makefile
after "./configure" completes to see if it's set?

-MSK