RE: Firefox OS

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:11:12 +0400

Hello Ganesh,

On 2015-09-30 09:59, Sandraghassen Subbaraya Pillai wrote:

> Looking forward to have more interactions with you and your group.

Thank you for the exposé you did on Firefox OS. Currently, Orange
Mauritius provides Firefox OS on the Orange KLIFF mobile
(http://www.orange.mu/mobile-phones/details/handset/99/orange-orange-klif.html).
It's a low-end mobile without GPS, NFC and a mere 256MB of physical
memory. I've used an Android phone with somewhat similar specs in the
past and performance decreased when I used apps such as Facebook,
Twitter etc.

Apps on the Firefox OS run inside a browser. It'll be interesting to see
how this performs with the little 256MB memory. I tried Chromium OS
(http://hacklog.mu/download-and-build-chromium-os/), more than a year
ago, which has a similar concept to Firefox OS (apps running in a
browser).

Ish Sookun