Potential

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 03:42:35 -0700

Hi Shelly,

I am replying to part of the questions which you asked in another thread.

At 02:36 16-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Getting back to the 'looking for foreign experts instead of local
>talents and experts' :
>Why do you think the Government still prefer to rely on foreign
>experts if they have potential Mauritians who can advise them?

An expert is a person who has a great deal of knowledge or skill in a
particular subject. For example, a web expert might not know much
about email. A person who is not familiar with technology could
believe that an "IT" expert knows everything about technology.

One way to explain the reliance is that there isn't an analysis of
the expert's report within the country. It might also be that local
people are not used to asking questions; or it could be the inability
to assess what kind of expertise is required and how to find it.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy