Re: Biometric ID Card

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:46:08 +0400

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> I am curious about whether Ish noticed this before he gave the interview
> which was published in Week-End yesterday.

Nope. I was not interviewed by Week-End and I was unaware of any
article until someone shared it on Facebook. I read that the photo
saved is argued as being a "JPEG" only. It is not sufficient as
information. What were the technicalities of the "biometric" photo
then? I can read something, then write my opinion on my blog. However,
that would not be things that cover the whole aspects of the project.
Information about the MNIC Project aren't revealed transparently.
Tidbits of information show up only when there is pressure from press
people or if a minister wishes to look good on a press conference.

Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu