RE: Banning of Facebook

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:54:36 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 11:07 11-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I am not a member of the ICT Advisory Council but it seems to be an
>interesting topic so I will definitely comment.

:-)

>I Googled the number of Facebook requests sent by the Government and
>Mauritius was not on the list.
>https://govtrequests.facebook.com
>
>What happened? There were so many issues and news articles regarding
>Facebook during the past years so how come no request was recorded?

It is unusual that there hasn't been an government request from
Mauritius while there were at least three government request from
Maldives. Maybe there were email problems, e.g.
http://www.lexpress.mu/article/267948/e-mail-pour-un-rendez-vous It
could also be that the requests were not recognized as originating
from a government organization.

>I know that we can report someone's FB profile and the later will be
>asked identification proof in case it's a fake profile or if a
>picture and unwanted comments are posted. Does Facebook have a
>record of the number of FB Profiles reported per Country because I
>couldn't find one.

The Facebook terms of service allows a person to have one account
only. A Facebook reports states that there are between 4.3% and 7.9%
"duplicates" [1]. A report from Facebook mentioned 83 million fake
profiles. There aren't any statistics for the number of profiles
which have been reported.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://investor.fb.com/secfiling.cfm?filingid=1326801-14-7&CIK=1326801